Susan Hiller @ The Tate Britain

My favourite piece(s) of the exhibition, and which have some relation to what I'm looking at at the moment, is "From the Freud Museum".

She has created a beautiful array of boxes containing materials, personal relics, artefacts and combined them with narratives such as text, imagery, pages from books or instructions. They are linked by maybe by one word, sentence or shape in the image or narrative.  Nice poetic references between the texts and the artefacts, which remind me of 3D Collages, I think each box stands alone as a inspiring piece of work, but altogether I think they slightly loose there significance....

Photocopied photograph of a Belfast street Scene and earth collected by the artist in
each of the six counties of Northern Ireland.
 

Photocopy of an engraving showing Lanzarote's volcanic eruption and samples of ores
and crystals from the interior which were collected by the artist.

Quote from Oscar Wilde combined with a series of dried Hibiscus flowers.

Page of text from Little House on the Prairie and an antique bottle containing a dried violet.

I particularly like this piece of work because of the idea of combining imagery and physical recordings to illustrate an event, I admire how she isn't bothered about the work making sense to the audience, opening it up to interpretation.

Other pieces of the exhibition I enjoyed was 'Witness'.  An amazing installation including a room with 400 dangling speakers all playing different conversations, news reports and radio programmes of alien/ UFO sightings.