some tests ....







Here are some photos of test pieces I did.  I used the moulds I made and used black leather to add details and secure the shape.  I really like the outcomes and feel I have made a great step towards my final pieces.  I decided to leave the excess leather strips because I feel it adds another dimension to the piece.  I like how it reacts with the body and opposes the rigidity of the main structure with its fluid motions.  I tried to capture this movement with these photos.

I also like the colour scheme of the natural with the black detail more than the dark brown leather arm  piece.  I think it makes the items have a more contemporary feel and I like how it blends in slightly with the skin tone, making it look like its is an extension  of the body or a means of abstracting the body.

I am going to ask people what they think about the colour schemes etc.... in a questionnaire, to help me with ideas for my final piece.