Hacking a blender into a disc sander


The aim of this experiment was to see if I could turn a domestic blender into a disc sander that allows the top to be changed easily.   The means I could have options of different grades or sandpaper and still allowing me to use the original blender.  I am not allowed to glue anything to the blender because of the rules my project where everything has to be able to be dismantled.



Making a cast of the rotating blender fitting out of resin.



Then making a mould of that cast so that I can produce multiple pieces.


Experimenting with heights of disc and fixings. Above the resin part had been drilled into and secured with a bolt and nut. 


I would then stick or velcro a pice of sand paper onto the top and then it becomes a disc sander!

It works!! - for about 10 seconds, then the disc comes flying off whilst spinning very fast, which is quite dangerous! 

To make it work I would need to perhaps have something holding it down in the middle , or cover the right hand side which will not be used to make sure it doesn't come off.