I am pleased with my final outcome as I feel they ended the projects well.  Although there were come issues with the final finishings of the piece.   When I was moulding the leather around the wooden moulds I leant the pieces of my lap.  The dye from my jeans transferred onto the surface of the leather making them look very dirty.
I researched ways of taking of the dirt on the internet and some tips looked promising;
Spray hairspray and then wipe off
Rub in toothpaste then wipe off
and nail varnish.
I used these methods on a test piece first.  None of the product worked full but hairspray worked the best, removing some of the ink.

Unfortuanly I went ahead and sprayed some onto my final piece and it created an unsightly dark patch and did not remove the ink either.  I i were to do this project again I would be very careful about he surfaces that I worked on, making sure my workspace was always clean.